FOR JEEP WRANGLER 2-DOOR AND 4-DOOR JK/JL MODELS 2007-2021
Built tough and made to fit your Jeep Wrangler’s tailgate, this 12” bass enclosure offers a quick and easy way to add a high-powered subwoofer to your audio system. The subwoofer enclosure utilizes the tailgate for mounting, saving space while also being rugged and weatherproof. Phoenix Gold designed a subwoofer specifically for this enclosure to maximize performance and deliver deep, accurate bass. Get ready to enhance your next adventure with the addition of this custom subwoofer solution.
- Sealed, Rear-Firing, Tailgate Design: Perfectly designed Jeep Wrangler Subwoofer Box
- Rugged Weatherproof Design: Carefully designed to fit the subwoofer in your Jeep without taking up too much space
- Factory Subwoofer Upgrade: Upgrade your audio in your Jeep by adding this subwoofer box for any Jeep Wrangler
Amplifier is not included, the amp is sold separately. We suggest MX800.1
NOTE: For 2007-2018 JK/JKU vehicles with factory subwoofer, remove the factory subwoofer for clearance. In 2011 - 2018 model years, two OEM replacement subwoofer delete panels (1PU18DX9AD & 5XL57DX9AA) can be ordered online or acquired from a local Jeep dealer to retain the OEM look.
Push your Jeep's bass to the limit. Experience clean, articulate, goose bump-inducing bass; jam-packed with every musical detail.
Engineered to overcome the lack of space hurdle where space is a premium, without compromising power and sound quality,
Designed to withstand harsh outside elements including water, dirt, dust, and debris.
- Loaded Enclosure - Assembled
- Install Guide
FEEL THE POWER OF PHOENIX GOLD
Phoenix Gold exists to give you a car audio experience of musical realism that will have you questioning if you’re riding around in a music studio or are sitting in the front row of a rock concert. We uphold our legacy by delivering high-quality sound on every adventure—from riding top-down on road trips to winning best of show at car competitions. It’s simple: a Phoenix Gold audio system gives you more reasons to love your vehicle. Our product line is the result of a continued dedication to our key values of performance, innovation, quality, and excellence, bringing you The Gold Standard in Sound.
- Roadkill-Armor Coat
- Permanent Heat Bonded EPM Enclosure Coating
- (Elastomeric Polyurethane Molecule)
- Weather-Resistant for Harsh Outdoor Environments
- Sound Dampening Properties for Resonance Reduction
- Scratch, Crack, and Peel-Resistant
- Chemical and Stain-Resistant
- Impact Absorption
- UV Protection
- Provides Leak and Corrosion Prevention
- Heavy Duty 11-Layer High Density Plywood Construction
- Poly-Fill Included to Absorb Standing Waves and Reduce Distortion
- Durable, Coated Steel Subwoofer Grill for Extra Protection
- 400w RMS 12” Weather-Resistant Subwoofer
- Rugged Weatherproof Design
- Fiber Matrix Injection Molded Polypropylene Cone
- Rubber Surround
- Powder-Coated Frame
- Wrap-Sealed Rubber Gasket
THERMAL & MECHANICAL ELEMENTS
- 2.5” 4ohm (wired 2 ohm load) Voice Coil with CFL³ and MBL Technologies
- MLB Collar Technology- Enables Micro-Level Bonding with Cone & Spider for Increased Strength
- G-Lock Technology Utilizes Adhesive and Mechanical Bonding Between the Cone and Voice Coil
- Air-Cooled Ventilated Motor Topology for Providing Optimal Thermal Efficiency, Reducing Motor Compression and Extending Low Frequency Response
- Black Anodized Voice Coil Former-Provides Heat Dissipation
- CFL³ Technology Voice Coil- 3x More Structurally Rigid, Prolonging the Life of the Voice Coil
- Concave-X Cone Technology Strengthens the Rigidity of the Woofer’s Cone - Body and Minimizes Distortion While Increasing High-Pressure Handling Produced in Shallow Enclosures
- Å FEA High-Efficiency Motor- Provides Highest Possible, Efficient Motor Design
- Linear Surround Technology-For High Excursion and Increased Output
- Linear Excursion Suspension - For Accurate Bass with Impact
|Voice Coil||Dual 4 ohm|
|DC Resistance (Re)||2 ohm|
|Sensitivity 1W/M (SPL)||87 dB|
|Frequency Response||20Hz - 250Hz|
|RMS Power||400 watts|
|Peak Power||800 watts|
|Speaker Displacement||0.06 cu ft / 1.82 Ltr|
|Speaker Weight||12.5 lbs|
|Internal Volume||0.87 cu ft. / 24.7 Ltr|
|Enclosure Weight||17.5 lbs|
|Height||14in / 35.56cm|
|Width||28.5in / 72.39cm|
|Depth||6.1in / 15.5cm|
|Depth (with Speaker & Grill||7.3in / 18.59cm|
Find the answers to many common questions:
Love the way this sounds….
I had a place local called innovative audio redo my entire stereo, speakers and amp. I did replace the 6 inch sub with a very expensive alpine sub, but just couldn’t get the base I wanted. I didn’t want to sacrifice a lot of room in my trunk so when I saw this sub option from Stinger I was pretty excited. I had it installed professionally last weekend and the sound is unbelievable. Highly recommend if you’ve replaced your stereo have an amp And need base.
Mounting the unit was a breeze. Very well constructed and really looks like it could have been a Jeep factory product. The 12 inch Phoenix Gold sub has plenty of punch and sounds great. I'm pushing mine with a single channel 500 watt Memphis audio mono amp!
Stinger 12" Sub for JL
Shipping was on time. Package arrived and as we unboxed I noticed how well it was packed. The speaker box has a truck bed type coating that was flawless. The installation instructions were easy to follow. The install took about an hour including hiding all wiring and it looks great. The first test was with all adjustments at the minimum setting. After tuning it really delivers the low end for the system! It really sounds great. It is an excellent addition to my 18 Jeep JL 2 door!
17 Wrangler JK Subwoofer kit
I’m very satisfied with this kit. Install was fairly easy , I had help tho. Looks great! Sounds awesome ! I’m running this with an kicker 800w amp turned down quite a bit , hits pretty hard but super clean. Very happy.