Bypass your factory radio's shut down circuit Some factory radios and amplifiers will not work without sensing that speakers (low-impedance loads) are connected to their outputs, so successfully installing an aftermarket sound processor or amplifier becomes a challenge. AudioControl's AC-LGD Load Generating Devices solve this issue by generating an acceptable impedance load and stabilizing the signal for the factory system to handle. The AC-LGDs plug directly into any AudioControl line output converter (LOC), signal processor, or amplifier with speaker-level inputs. You can also use AC-LGDs with almost any non-AudioControl device by replacing the connectors.
Load Generating Device & Signal Stabilizer: Today's factory systems include more Class D amplifier technology which can mute, distort or emit damaging frequencies to your new aftermarket audio equipment when the factory speakers are removed. Using carefully selected resistors and a Zobel Network, AudioControl's AC-LGD has been designed to generate load and stabilize signal from the factory system to ensure the best possible audio.
Note: The maximum recommended power handling for the AC-LGD is 100 watts or 20 volts.
Installation: The AC-LGD comes in a pair and can be easily connected to your factory system upgrade with the pre-wired connectors. The AC-LGD is installed between the factory speaker outputs and your line output converter or speaker level inputs on your amp or processor. Each LGD pair comes with standard wire colors for front and rear connections. Installation is simple -
- Remove one input plug from your AudioControl active line output converter (LOC).
- Unplug one end of AC-LGD then plug the AC-LGD into the LOC.
- Install the plug you removed from the LOC to the open end of the AC-LGD.
- Connect your factory speaker signals to the AC-LGD.
- If you are using a LOC with different style connectors, you may unscrew the connectors from the AC-LGD wires and install different ones.
- To prevent damage or overheating, do not install or mount the AC-LGD below carpet or near heat sensitive components.
- The AC-LGD is NOT compatible with Dodge/Chrysler vehicles. For these, a 37-50 ohm / 5-10 watt resistor must be spliced in parallel on each set of speaker wires between the factory radio and the line output converter.
What's In The Box
- 2 Load generating devices
- User Guide
Find the answers to many common questions:
We have a 30-day easy return policy for all purchases.
We provide a shipping label for defective products upon your return request at absolutely no cost to you. Non-defective products will not receive a shipping label and the consumer will be responsible for all shipping costs.
Stinger Off-Road products are warrantied against defects in materials One (1) Year from purchase date. Stinger Off-Road will, at its discretion, replace any products that exhibit defects in materials and/or workmanship during the warranty period. Assessments of defective parts are performed before replacements are shipped or refunds are released.
Please hold on to your order confirmation! All warranty service requires original sales receipt documentation with Order Number. The warranty only applies to the original purchaser.
Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty.
Units found to have physical or liquid damage caused by use abuse or improper installation may be void of warranty.